Event Packages, Shows, & Products
Event packages, Shows, Displays, and other Products that we offer
Our educational programs include skits, songs, and stories to add excitement to the class. Participants not only learn, they become involved! Presentations can be custom-made to complement your current classroom curriculum. Our presentations are tailored for each age group, making this a fun experience for all ages. Birthday parties will be the talk of the town and remembered for years to come. We also offer display exhibits for carnivals, fairs, festivals, and trade shows and handling only sessions. We have a Showroom we open up to the public for Private Tours, Family Nights, Scout Troops, Daycare Groups, and more!
NOTE: We accept Cash, Check, or Credit Card for payment and it can be made on the day of your show.
SHOWROOM HOURS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC (READ MORE) - Mondays & Wednesdays 4 - 8pm, Tuesdays 12-4pm, and Saturdays 10am - 4pm
- "The Toddler Show" - This show is catered to children 4 years old and younger. This will be a 30 minute "touch" and "hold" session with 5 very "nice" reptiles and a crocodilian skull. Your Reptile Guide will entertain the children with funny stories, jokes and songs about each reptile and will also let the children see the animals walk and move on the ground. This show is completely hands on. Price: $200
- “The Teaser Show” – is a 30 minute educational show where we bring a crocodilian skull, and 6 live small to medium reptiles (with at least one from each of the reptilian groups). The finale will be a snake between 6-8 feet. There are 15 minutes of animal handling after the show for a total of 45 minutes for the total package. Price: $225
- “The Medium Show” – is a 45 minute educational show with 15 minutes of animal handling afterward for a total of a one hour package. We bring creepy crawlies (Spiders, Scorpions, or Roaches), a crocodilian skull, and 8 live reptiles (snakes, lizards, and tortoises) which include two finale animals: a Giant Turtle or Tortoise and a Giant Snake. Price: $275
- “The Large Show” – is a 45 minute educational show with 15 minutes of animal handling afterward for a total of a one hour package. We bring creepy crawlies (Spiders, Scorpions, or Roaches), lizards, a tortoise, and snakes for a total of 10 animals. There are four finale animals: a Giant Lizard, a Giant snake, a Giant Tortoise, and a young Alligator, Caiman, or Crocodile. Price: $325
- "Birds of the World Show" - is a 30 minute bird show displaying six birds from around the world. Show birds include: an American Pigeon, a European Starling, a Rainbow Lorikeet, a Laughing Kookaburra, a Green Wing Macaw and an Umbrella Cockatoo or Red Fronted Macaw. Price: $275
The Grand Combo:
- Combination Large Show & The Birds of the World Show - is a 1 hour 30 minute educational presentation where we combine the flighted ambassadors of the sky with the slithering ambassadors of the ground into one cool and unique show. Includes 15 minutes of animal handling after the show with some of the animals. Price: $550
Southern Utah Extension (St. George Based):
- "The Southern Utah Reptile Show" (New) - This presentation is available in Southern Utah only and consists of a 30 minute educational show where we bring an alligator skull, and 6 live reptiles (with at least one from each of the reptilian groups). The finale will be a snake between 6-8 feet. There are 15 minutes of animal handling after the show for a total of 45 minutes for the total package. Price: $200
Handling Only Events:
- Animal Packages and Pricing are the same as the show packages above, just without the show. Additional handling hours, after the first hour, will be $100/hr. (Some animals that are considered dangerous or unhandleable will still come with the packages but will just be shown and talked about by the animal wrangler and at their discretion may allow the patrons to pet the tail of the animal, such as the alligator or giant lizard.)
Private Facility Tours:
- "One Hour Private Tour" - is a private tour behind the scenes of the Scales & Tails facility for up to EIGHT people. Your experienced tour guide will show you and your guests around our facility and introduce you to numerous snakes, lizards, tortoises, and alligators. Your guide will be able to answer questions and allow you and your guests to touch and hold many of the stars of Scales & Tails Utah. (Disclaimer - not all animals will be available for touch and hold. The safety and health of both you, the guests, and the animals will be taken into consideration on the day of the tour.) Please note that we do NOT book private tours during public hours, please check our calendar. Price: $125/hr (up to 8 people, additional guests will be $5/person)
Scales & Tails Party Room:
- Need a place to host your party? - Our Party Room rental includes Two Hours use of facility for up to 15 guests, a party facilitator to help coordinate your event, two tables and 15 chairs for guest use (children typically sit on the floor for the show), guests can bring in their own cake and decorations, parent is allowed to come in 30 minutes prior to reserved time in order to set up. We will do clean up after. The party room rental is a separate fee in addition to any show package or admission fees you purchase. We do not provide cups, plates, napkins, table cloths, or utensils, please bring your own. (Please note: shop rental does not guarantee that all of our animals will be in the shop on the day of your party. Any animals still in the shop are a bonus.) Price: $50 Additional hours: $25/hr
- Educational camps year round! Click on the Zookeeper Program Tab at the top of the page for more details!
Scouting Merit Badge Program (NEW!)
- "Reptile & Amphibian Merit Badge" - Scouts should sign up for a Wednesday night for first session with a merit badge councilor. We would then give them a pass to come back four more times so they may observe the animal of their choosing. The pass will be good for any of our public hours. During the first session we will help the scout complete requirements 1-7, 9b &10. Requirement 8b will be signed off on the fifth visit completing the merit badge. An appointment should be made for the 1st and 5th visits to ensure a merit badge councilor is assigned. Parent or supervisor is free - includes 5 visits total Price: $25/scout
- Displays for big events - Want to add a cool animal exhibit to your next big event? Our reptile displays are great for fairs, festivals, grand openings, trade shows, halloween parties & spook alleys, Harry Potter events, school carnivals, corporate events, and many other events. (Click here for display info and pricing)
Animals for Rent:
- Models, Photo Shoots, Movies, etc - We will rent our animals out for photo shoots, video shoots, club parties, photo booths, clubs, plays, for dancers, and many other special events. Pricing will vary depending on type of animals requested, length of time, and number of animals handlers needed. Please call or e-mail for more details.
Travel Fees - Travel fees apply to all shows booked outside the Salt Lake Valley. With exception, travel fees do not apply inside the Salt Lake Valley & Utah County for the bird show. Call for details.
Sound Systems - Available for your show upon request for an additional $25.
Multiple Shows - Other Discounts available when booking multiple shows in the same day. Call for details.
Invitations - Custom Scales & Tails invitations are available. They are for sale as follows: 10 for $15, 20 for $25 and 30 for $35 or $1.75/invitation for extras. See a sample of our invitations or contact us for purchasing details.
Invite our reptile friends to your next party!
- Birthday Parties
- School Programs
- Classroom Events
- Scout Activities
- Festivals & Fairs
- Corporate Functions
- Private Parties
- Family Reunions
Ready to start the booking process?
Sign up for our newsletter: