Event Packages, Shows, & Products
Travel shows, Private Tours, Online Shows, Event packages, Displays, and other Products that we offer
We have adapted to our pandemic world with extra cleanings and sanitations, limiting capacity, the wearing of masks, and lots of sanitizer (though this was in place before Covid)!
VIRTUAL SHOWS FOR CLASSROOMS: It's a different world right now, but that doesn't mean everything has to stop! Would you like to offer your online school children a special class? We've got you covered! Check out the show packges we offer below. Discounts available for Teachers.
TRAVEL SHOWS: We will limit the number of guests to what ever the State of Utah is allowing at that time for public gatherings. Mask wearing by all guests are preferred during any animal handling portion (when we are in close contact of each other) of the event so help slow the spread of Covid-19.
If you don't see what you are looking for or have a question about one of the packages, please feel free to contact us for more information.
NOTE: We currently are accepting payments via Venmo, Paypal, and Credit Cards over the phone as well as Cash or Check.
“The Toddler Show“
This show is catered to children 4 years old and younger. This will be a 30 minute "touch" and "hold" session with 5 very "nice" reptiles and a crocodilian skull. Your Reptile Guide will entertain the children with funny stories, jokes and songs about each reptile and will also let the children see the animals walk and move on the ground. This show is completely hands on.
“The Teaser Show”
A 30 minute educational show where we bring a crocodilian skull, and 6 live small to medium reptiles (with at least one from each of the reptilian groups). The finale will be a snake between 6-9 feet. There are 15 minutes of animal handling after the show for a total of 45 minutes for the total package.
“The Medium Show”
A 45 minute educational show with 15 minutes of animal handling afterward for a total of a one hour package. We bring creepy crawlies (Spiders, Scorpions, or Roaches), a crocodilian skull, and 8 live reptiles (snakes, lizards, and tortoises) which include two premium animals: a Giant Turtle or Tortoise (30-40 lbs) and a Giant Snake (10 ft+).
“The Large Show”
A 45 minute educational show with 15 minutes of animal handling afterward for a total of a one hour package. We bring creepy crawlies (Spiders, Scorpions, or Roaches), lizards, a tortoise, and snakes for a total of 10 animals. Included are four premium animals: a Giant Lizard (4 ft+), a Giant snake (10 ft+), a Giant Turtle or Tortoise (30-40 lbs), and a young Alligator, Caiman, or Crocodile (4 ft or less).
Care of Mystical Creatures:
- "Care of Mystical Creatures Teaser Show" - is a 30 minute presentation whisking the audience away into the mystical and magical realm of wizards and witches. We'll bring six reptiles and amphibians. Your witch or wizard professor will dress in wizarding robes and use a few props to jazz up any party or themed celebration. Fifteen minutes of animal handling with some of the animals will be included after the presentation. Price: $300
- "Care of Mystical Creatures Medium Show" - is a 45 minute presentation whisking the audience away into the mystical and magical realm of wizards and witches. We'll bring eight reptiles and amphibians, and your witch or wizard professor will dress in wizarding robes and use props to jazz up any party or celebration. Fifteen minutes of animal handling with some of the animals will be included after the presentation. Price: $350
- "Care of Mystical Creatures Handling Session" - is a 60 minute animal handling session with eight of our mystical and magical creatures featuring reptiles and amphibians. Our creature caretakers will wear wizarding robes and bring lots of fun props like magic books, owls & crows, skulls, wands, and more! Price: $400
- ADD ON: Additional animal handling hours can be added on to any presentation or handling session for $200/hr
- "Birds of the World Show" - is a 30 minute bird show displaying six birds from around the world. Show birds could include: an American Pigeon, a Rainbow Lorikeet, a European Starling, a Trumpeter Hornbill, a Green Wing Macaw, an Umbrella Cockatoo or Red Fronted Macaw. Price: $325
The Grand Combo:
- Combination Large Show & The Birds of the World Show - is a 1 hour 30 minute educational presentation where we combine the flighted ambassadors of the sky with the slithering ambassadors of the ground into one cool and unique show. Includes 15 minutes of animal handling after the show with some of the animals. This two part package includes the Birds of the World show and the Large Reptile Show listed above. Price: $650
Handling Only Events:
- Animal Packages and Pricing are the same as the show packages above, just without the show. Additional handling hours, after the first hour, will be $200/hr. (Some animals that are considered dangerous or unhandleable will still come with the packages but will just be shown and talked about by the animal wrangler and at their discretion may allow the patrons to pet the tail of the animal, such as the alligator or giant lizard.)
Private Facility Tours:
- "One Hour Private Tour" - is a private tour behind the scenes of the Scales & Tails facility for up to TEN people. Your experienced tour guide will show you and your guests around our facility and introduce you to numerous snakes, lizards, tortoises, and alligators. Your guide will be able to answer questions and allow you and your guests to touch and hold many of the stars of Scales & Tails Utah. (Disclaimer - not all animals will be available for touch and hold. The safety and health of both you, the guests, and the animals will be taken into consideration on the day of the tour.) Mask wearing by guests is preferred by not required. Please note we will not have 6 ft of social distancing space between us and you. Price: $175/hr (up to 10 people max, covid restrictions)
- Educational camps year round! Click on the Zookeeper Program Tab at the top of the page for more details!
- Please click here for more information.
- Displays for big events - Want to add a cool animal exhibit to your next big event? Our reptile displays are great for fairs, festivals, grand openings, trade shows, halloween parties & spook alleys, Harry Potter events, school carnivals, corporate events, and many other events. (Click here for display info and pricing)
Animals for Rent:
- Models, Photo Shoots, Movies, Film etc - We will rent our animals out for photo shoots, video shoots, club parties, photo booths, clubs, plays, for dancers, and many other special events as long as it is deemed safe and ethical for the animals involved. An animal wrangler will accompany all animals to monitor animal health and wellbeing as well as to provide instruction on safe handling techniques and to help with with animal placement. Pricing will vary depending on type of animals requested, length of time, and number of animals handlers needed. Please call or e-mail for more details.
Travel Fees - Travel fees apply to all shows booked outside the Salt Lake Valley.
Sound Systems - Available for your show upon request for an additional $50.
Multiple Shows - Other Discounts available when booking multiple shows in the same day. Call for details.
Invitations - Custom Scales & Tails invitations are available. They are for sale as follows: 10 for $15, 20 for $25 and 30 for $35 or $1.75/invitation for extras. See a sample of our invitations or contact us for purchasing details.
Invite our reptile friends to your next party!
- Birthday Parties
- School Programs
- Classroom Events
- Scout Activities
- Festivals & Fairs
- Corporate Functions
- Private Parties
- Family Reunions
Ready to start the booking process?
Sign up for our newsletter: